GEICO Phone Number
Call GEICO customer service faster with GetHuman
- Calls GEICO's Customer Service department
- The average hold time is 23m
- The current wait is approximately 31m
- Hours are 24 hours, 7 days
- The best time to call is 9:30am
- Beliebte Themen für dieses Callcenter: Einen Anspruch geltend machen, Fragen zur Deckung stellen, Richtlinien stornieren, Kontoinformationen aktualisieren und eine Gebühr erstatten.
- Reach a live GEICO agent: Sagen Sie so lange "Vertreter", bis Sie zu einem Agenten weitergeleitet werden. Für Auto Insurance Sales & Service und allgemeine Ansprüche
- What you hear when you call: Wie kann ich Ihnen heute helfen?
Anmerkungen des Herausgebers zur telefonischen Kundenbetreuung von GEICO
Christian has been writing about long hold times and customer service call center experiences since 2010. He's been featured in Bloomberg, the Wall Street Journal and the Boston Globe.
Government Employees Insurance Company, better known as GEICO, is a car insurance company that operates in the United States. With over 15 million policyholders, it isn't surprising that GEICO gets a lot of customer service requests.
Why Do People Call GEICO Customer Support?
People call GEICO customer support for a range of reasons, including:
- Applying for a new policy
- Canceling or a changing an existing policy
- Questions about coverage
- File a claim
- Request roadside assistance
- Questions about billing and payment issues
- Appealing a decision
Best Practices for Calling GEICO Customer Service
Here are some tips for getting your questions answered and issues resolved quickly when you call GEICO customer service:
- Like many large companies, GEICO has multiple divisions, each with its own customer service department. Before calling GEICO, make sure you are calling the correct number.
- Before calling, make sure you have information and documentation relevant to your situation in front of you, including: Policy numbers, the name of your insurance agent, billing statements, police reports or citations, information from the other driver or drivers who were parties to an accident or collision, attorney information, medical bills and copies of previous correspondence between you and GEICO.
- Have pen and paper handy so that you can take notes during your call.
It should be noted that if you are calling GEICO to purchase a policy, your call will be handled by a licensed insurance agent.
How do Consumers Feel About Calling GEICO Customer Service?
Consumer feelings about GEICO customer service varies, with some people praising the good service they've received while others express frustration over how their concerns have been treated and handled by GEICO customer service agents.
Some of the most common complaints about GEICO customer service revolves around the inability of GEICO customer service representatives to explain premium increases or to hasten roadside assistance services when customers need a tow.
What Kind of Issues can GEICO Customer Service Representative Resolve?
GEICO customer service representatives and phone-based insurance agents can address and resolve many issues, including starting, changing, and canceling policies, opening new claims, tracking claims, answering questions about coverage and premiums and researching billing transactions.
What Can't Be Resolved With a Call to GEICO Customer Service?
A GEICO customer support agent can't make determinations about insurance claims and don't set premium rates. If you are unhappy about how a claim has been handled or the fact that your insurance premiums have gone up, keep in mind that the person who answers the phone when you call had nothing to do with either decision. You may need to speak to your insurance agent or escalate your case with GEICO to achieve the resolution you want.
What Should You Do If You Have an Unsuccessful Call with GEICO?
If you get off the phone with GEICO customer service and feel as though your case has not been appropriately handled, or that your questions have not been answered, don't give up. You have several options when dealing with GEICO, so don't feel as though your last conversation with its customer service team is the last word on your issue.
- First, review your notes from your original phone call to Geico. If you did not take notes during your call, write down what you remember from the conversation. This information can help keep your conversation on topic when you re-contact GEICO.
- Next, call GEICO back. Keep in mind that customer service representatives have different levels of training and education, as well as experience. The next person you speak to may be able to resolve your situation, answer your question or escalate your case to an appropriate manager.
- GEICO offers multiple contact methods. If calling doesn't seem to be working for you, consider sending an email through GEICO's online email form, getting in touch through social media or sending GEICO a letter through postal mail. One advantage of using social media or email is that you will have a written transcript of both sides of your conversation with GEICO.
- Talk to the insurance agent who sold you your policy. He or she may be able to advocate for you.
- If you are unable to resolve your issue after escalating your case to GEICO management, contact the agency in your state that oversees insurance companies. Filing a complaint takes time and you will likely not see an immediate result, but working through government channels can often be successful, especially if other policy-holders file similar complaints.
Reasons customers like you called recently
Sir,*i have made yesterday traction of Rs *****- towards rent payment but sill not cred...
hi this saquib, my cred account is deactivated automatically. my number is ********** p...
By miss I have deleted Cred account I want to re activate membership please help
dear cred *we are using regular the cred app for to pay the Bill
I have a saved auto quote that has been in underwriting for more than ** days
I just finished paying my car and I need to pay less than full coverage
i need to know if a person was successfully removed from my policy
renew cancelled policy missed payment
How do I add another person ( not in my household) to my auto insurance? Is there an in...
I'm trying to get a quote for motorcycle insurance from your automated phone system and...
I keep getting threatening letters that say I have to pay $***.** or my registration mu...
This CRED is hopelessly unprofessional. Not able to reach via phone call and they have...
Hi- Cred team*Please check incomplete support at App and incomplete information at **Wh...
GEICO Customer Phone Number 800-861-8380 - Stats
Telefonnummer zum Wählen800-861-8380
Anruf von einer realen Person entgegengenommenJA
Abteilung, die Sie anrufenKundendienst
Callcenter-Öffnungszeiten24 Stunden, 7 Tage
Beste Zeit zum Wählen9:30 Uhr
Durchschnittliche Wartezeit23 Minuten
Aktuelle Wartezeit31 Minuten
Rang (unter den Telefonnummern)1
KommunikationskanäleTelefon, Twitter, Web
Qualität der Kommunikation75%
Qualität der Hilfe79%
Informationen zuletzt aktualisiertThu Nov 30 2023 08:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
GEICO's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
Dies ist die beste Telefonnummer von GEICO, die aktuelle Wartezeit in Echtzeit und Tools zum Überspringen dieser Telefonleitungen, um direkt zu einem GEICO Agenten zu gelangen. Diese Telefonnummer ist die beste Telefonnummer von GEICO, da 286,824 Kunden wie Sie diese Kontaktinformationen in den letzten 18 Monaten verwendet und uns Feedback gegeben haben. Häufige Probleme, die von der Kundenbetreuungseinheit behoben werden, die Anrufe an 800-861-8380 beantwortet, sind Make a Claim, Coverage Questions, Cancel Policy, Update Account Info, Refund a Charge und andere Kundendienstprobleme. Das GEICO Call Center, in das Sie anrufen, hat Mitarbeiter von New York, California und ist laut Kunden 24 hours, 7 days geöffnet. Insgesamt hat GEICO 8 Telefonnummern. Es ist nicht immer klar, wie man am besten mit GEICO Vertretern sprechen kann. Deshalb haben wir begonnen, diese Informationen aus Vorschlägen der Kundengemeinschaft zusammenzustellen. Bitte teilen Sie uns weiterhin Ihre Erfahrungen mit, damit wir diese kostenlose Ressource weiter verbessern können.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to GEICO?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like GEICO. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.