Ancestry.com Phone Number
Call Ancestry.com customer service faster with GetHuman
Current Wait: 9 min (7m avg)
Hours: 24 hours, 7 days; best time to call: 8:15am
Get targeted help: Tell us the issue so we get you to right rep, offer relevant tips, reminders & follow-up!
Get to a live person fastest: Drücken Sie 3 und dann 4
If you find yourself lost or frustrated, we partner with a California-based expert help company to provide you with tech support 24/7. Enjoy a $1 one-week trial membership and get help from a live expert now. Click to learn more.
Reasons customers like you called recently
I cancelled my Ancestry service on ********. Still, I have been charged for * month ser...
I cancelled my Ancestry subscription on ******** but still got charged on my Discover card!
I need to know if the kit I have has expired?
Need to update automatic payment information as my card numbers have changed
I've been just charged $** for the ancestry newspaper that was supposed to be $**.. I w...
Referred to parent number one and parent number two, which is the father, which is the mother
I accessed my account yesterday to review my DNA results. This morning I received notic...
I canceled my ** day free trial after * days and I’m getting a charged ** something on...
Refunding this outrageous charge I received overdrafting my account overnight for a ser...
Sent DNA test in for minor granddaughter can she access through me?
ancestry.com appears to have deleted my entire family tree. The issue was that, during...
There is a charge on my Visa card for$***.** that I did not make. I have never reques...
I ordered a DNA kit and it never arrived
I have a six-month US Discovery membership to Ancestry.com for which I paid $** (for Au...
I cannot find my activation code. I’m not sure how it got sent out without it. I was re...See more recent reasons for calling
Help me with my issue
Our Editor's Notes on Ancestry.com's Phone-Based Customer Care
Ancestry.com is an online genealogy company that offers genealogical records as well as direct-to-consumer DNA testing through its subsidiary, AncestryDNA. With over three million subscribers, it isn't surprising that Ancestry.com gets a lot of customer service calls every day.
Why Do People Call Ancestry.com Customer Support?
People call Ancestry.com customer support for a range of reasons, including:
- Technical support
- Help with using the site
- Assistance with some of Ancestry.com's products and services, such as DNA testing kits and understanding health results.
- Assistance with billing and account issues
- Requests for information about the different services that Ancestry.com provides and whether a particular product or service would be useful in the types of genealogy research that a customer wishes to perform.
Best Practices for Calling Ancestry.com Customer Service
Here are some tips that can help you quickly resolve your concerns via Ancestry.com customer service:
- Before calling Ancestry.com, make sure you are using the correct phone number. Ancestry.com has different numbers for Ancestry.com site use and account information, AncestryDNA and AncestryHealth.
- Make sure you have relevant documentation in front of you before calling. This may include correspondence from Ancestry.com, receipts from the purchase of DNA test kits or other Ancestry.com products and services, confirmation numbers and billing information, such as credit card statements.
- If you are having a problem with the Ancestry.com website, be in front of your computer when calling. This will allow the customer service representative to help you troubleshoot any issues that you might be having.
- Have pen and paper handy so you can take notes during your call.
How do Customers Feel About Their Calls to Ancestry.com?
There are mixed reviews about Ancestry.com's customer service representatives. Many customers report that the representatives are compassionate listeners, particularly when DNA testing reveals surprises about a person's genetic ancestry.
However, there are complaints that Ancestry.com's customer support can be unhelpful when people believe that they are entitled to refunds or are trying to cancel subscriptions. Customers complain about being placed on hold for long periods of time or representatives who refused to issue refunds even when the consumer is displeased with what he or she has received.
What Kind of Issues can Ancestry.com Customer Service Representative Resolve?
An Ancestry.com customer service representative can resolve a range of issues, including changes to and cancelations of subscriptions, the purchase of products and services, troubleshooting and technical support, basic information on how to use the website and web-based services, researching financial transactions and managing billing issues.
What Can't Be Resolved With a Call to Ancestry.com Customer Service?
Because Ancestry.com provides tools that people can use to research their family tree, as well as a DNA testing service that provides information about markers for certain health conditions, customers may become upset and seek advice on these matters from Ancestry.com customer service representatives.
However, Ancestry.com customer service representatives are not genealogists and cannot provide genealogy services. In addition, customer service representatives can't provide health advice or diagnose illnesses based on DNA testing results.
What Should You Do If You Have an Unsuccessful Call with Ancestry.com?
If you hang up the phone after talking with an Ancestry.com customer service representative feeling as if your call didn't go well, don't fret. You still have options for getting an answer to your question or having your issue resolved.
- First, review any notes that you took during your call. If you did not take notes, write down anything significant that took place during your original conversation with Ancestry.com customer support. This information can be helpful when you contact Ancestry.com again.
- Next, call Ancestry.com back. Customer service representatives have different levels of training and experience. The next person you speak to may be better able to understand your concern and provide a resolution.
- If calling Ancestry.com doesn't work, try getting in touch another way. You can send an email through Ancestry.com's website that describes your situation. One advantage to doing this is that you will have a written record of your conversations with Ancestry.com, which can be useful if you have to escalate your case.
- Other ways of connecting with Ancestry.com customer service include social media accounts, as well as Ancestry.com's Member Advice live chat. This is a live chat option that can allow you to speak with an experienced fellow member of Ancestry.com who may be able to help you.
Customer Number 800-262-3787 - by the Numbers
Telefonnummer zum Wählen800-262-3787
Anruf von einer realen Person entgegengenommenJA
Abteilung, die Sie anrufenKundendienst
Callcenter-Öffnungszeiten24 Stunden, 7 Tage
Beste Zeit zum Wählen8:15 Uhr
Navigieren Sie durch das Telefonlabyrinth zu einem MenschenDrücken Sie 3 und dann 4
Rang (unter den Telefonnummern)1
Alternative MethodenTelefon, E-Mail, Web
Qualität der Kommunikation80%
Qualität der Hilfe81%
Informationen zuletzt aktualisiertTue Sep 27 2022 08:00:00 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
Ancestry.com's Best Toll-Free/800 Customer Phone Number
Dies ist die beste Telefonnummer von Ancestry.com, die aktuelle Wartezeit in Echtzeit und Tools zum Überspringen dieser Telefonleitungen, um direkt zu einem Ancestry.com Agenten zu gelangen. Diese Telefonnummer ist die beste Telefonnummer von Ancestry.com, da 70,380 Kunden wie Sie diese Kontaktinformationen in den letzten 18 Monaten verwendet und uns Feedback gegeben haben. Häufige Probleme, die von der Kundenbetreuungseinheit behoben werden, die Anrufe an 800-262-3787 beantwortet, sind Cancel Subscription, Missing Test Results, Setup Service, Account Access, Problem With Ancestry DNA und andere Kundendienstprobleme. Das Ancestry.com Call Center, in das Sie anrufen, hat Mitarbeiter von Utah und ist laut Kunden 24 hours, 7 days geöffnet. Insgesamt hat Ancestry.com eine 1 Telefonnummer. Es ist nicht immer klar, wie man am besten mit Ancestry.com Vertretern sprechen kann. Deshalb haben wir begonnen, diese Informationen aus Vorschlägen der Kundengemeinschaft zusammenzustellen. Bitte teilen Sie uns weiterhin Ihre Erfahrungen mit, damit wir diese kostenlose Ressource weiter verbessern können.
Contacting Ancestry.com - by phone or otherwise
Während 800-262-3787 die beste gebührenfreie Nummer von Ancestry.com ist, gibt es insgesamt 3 Möglichkeiten, mit ihnen in Kontakt zu treten. Der nächstbeste Weg, um mit dem Kundensupport-Team zu sprechen, besteht darin, GetHuman über Ihr Problem zu informieren und uns versuchen zu lassen, den besten Weg zu finden, um mit ihnen in Kontakt zu treten oder Hilfe für dieses spezielle Problem zu finden. Neben dem Anruf ist die nächste bevorzugte Option für Kunden, die Hilfe suchen, über firstname.lastname@example.org für Customer Service. Wenn Sie der Meinung sind, dass diese Informationen ungenau sind oder andere Möglichkeiten zur Kontaktaufnahme mit Ancestry.com kennen, teilen Sie uns dies bitte mit, damit wir sie mit anderen Kunden teilen können. And you can click here if you want to compare all the contact information we've gathered for Ancestry.com.
What is GetHuman's Relationship to Ancestry.com?
In short, the two companies are not related. GetHuman builds free tools and shares information amongst customers of companies like Ancestry.com. For large companies that includes tools such as our GetHuman Phone, which allows you to call a company but skip the part where you wait on the line listening to their call technology music. We've created these shortcuts and apps to try to help customers like you (and ourselves!) navigate the messy phone menus, hold times, and confusion with customer service, especially with larger companies. And as long as you keep sharing it with your friends and loved ones, we'll keep doing it.